Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I told you so...

I heard my daughter say "...I guess I've finally done what my mother said I would do. I love antiques!" The happiest words a collector can hear from their children are those words. Well what would I do with the music boxes, old postcards, green handle untensils, baskets, furniture, Raggedy Ann and Andy stuff, angels, etc. Now when I've made my way to heaven, I won't have to worry about where my prized possessions will reside! If you are a collector and have stood for hours waiting to bid on the one item you loved, you would understand this sentiment completely. There is nothing better than sharing your love of antiques with those you love. Way to go, Lo!

An antique is like holding a memory in your hand...oh what stories they could tell.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, Mom. I do admit it. And I have to say, my stuff looks pretty good sitting on my shelf. The problem now, I don't have enough and I need MORE! Love ya