Thursday, January 29, 2009

Beyond Youth...

Today, time stood still and my age didn't matter to anyone. Today I played. As we age the expectations of others about our behaviors seem to change. They encourage us to act our age with little remarks, "Are you sure you should be doing that?" Today I played. The snow was melting and the thought of a ride down a sloping hill on a sled was more than age could stop or time transcend. Today I played. As I twirled and raced toward the bottom of the hill, the thrill of the ride was more important than the comment or the thought of possible disaster. Today I played. I encourage you at 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90 - go play!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know how the old saying goes... " You stop playing because you got old, you got old because you stopped playing!"
Keep sledding. The kids and I did donuts in the field today and we loved it! Laura