Monday, January 18, 2010

Good Morning...

Do you just love the morning? As a child I loved the morning, my favorite time of day. I am again loving the morning. I love the time when darkness subsides into daybreak. Just that few moments between night and day. I often remember those days as a child. I was always walking to my great grandparents during this time. They lived down the road from me and were of course already up. The light from their kitchen window gave me guidance through the last bits of darkness. I would keep my eye on their light and was never afraid. I would walk there often, leaving my parents in bed asleep. When I arrived I was greeted with hugs and often a warm breakfast. Their love encircled me with everything I needed: guidance, love, laughter, encouragement and acceptance.

Now as I think back I am reminded that like my grandparent's light, Jesus is the light that I follow now. In just those few moments when everything seems the darkest in my life, I lift my head up and see his light in the distance. If I choose to follow it and obey his word I am greeted with love, acceptance, encouragement, and all that is good. If I choose not to follow Him, he is still by grace shining his light for me so that I can turn around and find my way home. I am thankful for my life and Jesus' love.

No comments: