Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Just A Blog...

What is it about this blog that keeps calling me back to write the words that I seem unable to express? Like a gardener, unearthing an old clay pot and scraping away the layers of dirt and debris that have crowded out the color that resides underneath, so it has been with life and my writing. For some unknown reason I stopped writing. I became incased in the daily tragedies of the have to and not the want to of day to day life. Then, I met the blog. For that I have a professor to thank. I know it is open to all readers, but somehow I feel that my private thoughts are safe in the vast domain and it allows me the unbelievable opportunity of publishing my work and going back to reexamine my ability to let my true colors shine through as the earthy dust of a world of responsiblity falls away.

1 comment:

Kirie said...

Some great advice from one of my mentors was
"Keep going, Kirie. Keep going."

You say you're not expressing, but you've hit some lovely images that capture a great deal of feeling here. You ask what keeps you coming back to the blog? I suggest that you are coming back because you need to. Something in you wants to be writing and read, and you are on that track.


I'm passing Professor Friedman's advice to you, now. Keep going. I'm eager to see more of your writing!

Kirie